I can’t believe 2013 is just a few hours away! Where did 2012 go? What are you looking forward to in the new year? What resolutions are you’re committing to or what goals you’re trying to meet? Sadly, I’ve never been any good at resolutions. So, I’m making goals instead. First on the list is growing this blog and determining its potential in 2013. Creating my very own website and putting my thoughts and recipes onto the blogosphere has been quite the learning experience. It’s fun, frustrating, and rewarding all at the same time. In 2013, I’d love to gain at least 200 new subscribers and also find a sensible way to start covering food costs. (So, sign your friends up please, and let’s keep cooking!)
Today, we’re finishing what we started – Part 2 of the Little Kitchen Big Flavors’ “Top 10 of 2012″. I’ll be honest, the results of the top 5 posts surprised me! I’m glad our stuffed banana pepper chicken sandwiches made the cut. They’re one of my favorite foods from 2012. What was your favorite recipe from this year? (P.S. If you missed part 1 of the roundup, you can check it out here.)
5. One Recipe Fits All – Crockpot Soup- This is a “non-recipe” recipe, if that makes any sense. By using a ratio of different ingredients (meats, vegetables, starch, etc…), you can always make a hearty and healthy soup in your crockpot. And, it will be unique, every single time. No special ingredients required.
4. Stuffed Banana Pepper & Chicken Sandwiches - a Buffalo-style appetizer made into sandwich form. It’s cheesy and spicy, and most definitely filling! And, if you’re not in the sandwich mood, you can always make the stuffed banana peppers, as-is. They’re that good!
3. Peanut Butter Lover M&M Cookies - Talk about your crowd pleaser. These peanut butter cookies have no flour or butter, just plenty of peanut butter and colorful M&Ms. They’re super simple to make, and go perfectly with a tall glass of cold milk.
2. Chicken Wing Dumplings - No need to order chicken wings on gameday, simply whip up these chicken wing dumplings instead. They’re much less messy and a perfect bite-size snack. You can’t go wrong with Franks Red Hot, shredded chicken, and blue cheese crumbles. You just can’t.
1. Crockpot Sweet & Sour Meatballs - Who would have thought this recipe would take the number 1 spot? Actually, if you look at the stats, this post blew the rest of them right out of the proverbial water. This one is certainly not an original recipe, but just four very simple ingredients that when thrown into the crockpot, make a very tasty appetizer. It easily feeds a crowd, and truly couldn’t be easier to prepare!